Timsbury XI 187-8

Congresbury XI 213 all out

A Mike Fisher’s century guided Congresbury to their second successive victory in the B&D Senior Division at Timsbury.

Fisher came to the crease with the visitors struggling on 16-2 but batted the majority of the innings to help Congresbury post a respectable total of 213.

In reply the Timsbury batsmen applied themselves well but never threatened to chase down the required runs.

Congresbury captain Ritchie Bann lost another toss and the visitors were put into bat on a green, slow and low wicket.

Struggling with the lack of pace Congresbury lost Bann (5) and Cameron Harding (0) early on, immediately putting themselves on the back foot.

However, Fisher (103) was well supported by Stuart Castle (45) who was brought into the side after scoring a century for the second team last week.

After Castle was dismissed, wickets fell at regular intervals but Iraq Thomas and Sam Evans provided enough support to help Fisher reach his first century for three seasons.

Timsbury’s reply got off to an exciting start with Mark Sage pulling opening bowler Martin Ford to the boundary twice in the opening over.

However, Ford struck back immediately dismissing Johnathan Strand first ball.

Although, never looking completely comfortable at the crease, Sage continued to score quickly, looking every but the key to the match.

He lost two more partners to the bowling of Ford and the impressive Thomas, before slashing one to Fisher at slip who took a tumbling catch.

Sage (45) was beaten consistently outside the offside in the build up to his wicket before Thomas finally got his reward.

At 78-4 and Sage dismissed, the game looked firmly in Congresbury’s hands, but Timsbury refused to give in and Kevin Sibley (24) and Gary Pearcy (30) gave the hosts hope.

Quick hands from wicket-keeper Marshall Clements saw Sibley stumped off the bowling of Sam Kearns and Pearcy edged behind an Evans delivery soon after, to squash any hopes of a Timsbury victory.

Harding who bowled well all day was unlucky not to take a wicket as was Neal Frost who beat the bat on a number of occasions.

Evans ended with three scalps, Ford and Thomas two each and Kearns taking the other.

Congresbury will continue their league campaign away from home against Hambrook next week.