The new North Somerset Local Plan 2038
We’re in the early stages of preparing a new local plan for North Somerset. The North Somerset Local Plan will guide housing, jobs and business investment, transport, community facilities and supporting infrastructure in the area until 2038.
It will also shape investment and funding for the infrastructure which will support new homes, workplaces and community facilities for the next 15 years and beyond.
The way we live our lives has changed over the last 15 years and will continue to change in many ways. The Covid-19 pandemic has made us all think about how we plan for the future.
This first stage of Local Plan consultation focuses on the challenges we believe we face in North Somerset and the issues the plan needs to address:
- the climate emergency and the need to work towards a low carbon future
- job creation and the allocation of space for business
- how to provide the right type and number of houses and create new communities
- creating high quality, sustainable places
- protecting important green and blue spaces as well as the character of existing villages and towns
- the future role of the Green Belt.
The online consultation will be supported by regular updates across the council’s social media platforms. There will be many other opportunities to get involved and have your say but the time to really influence the development of the new Local Plan for North Somerset is now.
The responses received to this summer’s consultation will guide the next stage of creating the plan, which will focus on the choices around the location of future development.
Have your say and help shape North Somerset’s future.
Planning Policy Team