Click to read the report
MONTHLY REPORT – May
Below figures relate to the Yeo Vale beat area (AN007)
132 calls to the police from members of the public in the beat area
31 reports of crime, including:
0 Assault on Police
3 dwelling burglary (+ 0 attempt)
3 non dwelling burglary (+ 0 attempt)
0 criminal damage – property
4 criminal damage – vehicles
0 theft from motor vehicles
0 theft of motor vehicle
0 theft of pedal cycles
1 theft from shops
Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) – 5 reports across the beat.
Including reports of a neighbour dispute, youths banging on a window and youths throwing tennis balls at a house.
CRIME REDUCTION REMINDER – please make sure that you keep property secure whether its in your home, garden, shed, garage, outbuilding or vehicle. General advisory leaflets on protecting your home and belongings are available from the Neighbourhood Watch office on request.
If you have information about suspicious incidents or activity please telephone the police on the general number 101 or contact via the website link https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact-us/
We have opened the doors to our Cop Shop in The Galleries Bristol, and for the first time ever we’ll be open during the summer months.
This is the eighth year Bristol City Police (Southmead, Broadbury, Trinity and The Bridewell) have run the shop in the Galleries and we have now extended our first floor residency to span six months.
This is a great opportunity to meet police officers from all the Bristol neighbourhood areas along with our partners. Together, we will be offering crime prevention advice, tips on keeping safe and the chance to talk to us directly about a variety of subjects. There will be lots of equipment like riot shields, vests and real uniform for children to try on and you’re welcome to take pictures too.
Last year we met over 8,000 people who visited the shop in the December. We are expecting even more visitors to join us this summer when we open the shop for four to six hours every day until 7th November. ACC Steve Cullen will be officially opening the Cop Shop on Tuesday 19th June.
We have a packed schedule* with even more themed weeks and activity to be announced. Here is a taster of what we have on offer. Follow #ASPCopShop on twitter for updates;
- 25th June – 1st July Op Buell Cop Shop week – Teaming up with the local bike community and Bristol Bike Theft Awareness Group we will be talking about Op Buell, displaying a range of bikes, locks and delivering crime prevention advice
- 16th -29th July: Child sexual exploitation – Our dedicated team will be raising awareness about this serious issue and offering advice about how to keep young people safe
- 13th – 17th August: Crime Stoppers – Delivering information on anonymous reporting
- End August (date TBC): Sole Cycling – Running a multi-travel safe theme including road safety and rail safety advice and encouraging people of all ages to get into cycling
- 1-7th October: NHS Winter Campaign
- 11th, 17th 26th October: Alcohol Awareness week
In addition to the above, we are also hoping to host Wessex 4X4 Response, Unseen and RNLI with more still to be announced later in the summer.