Could you Help?Are you passionate about volunteering with young people and helping girls to reach their potential? Do you want to learn new skills, make friends and give something back to your local community? Would you like to be part of with the UK’s leading charity for girls and young women?Congresbury Guides and Brownies needs you! We are looking for volunteer youth leaders to help run meetings, events and activities for girls aged 7-10 in Brownies and girls aged 10-14 in Guides.By sharing your skills, you’ll support girls and young women to try new things, make a difference to the world, speak out about the issues that matter to them and have fun!Brownies and Guides are both part of Girlguiding, the UK’s leading charity for girls and young women. Guiding happens thanks to our amazing volunteers – men and women like you who give their time to ensure that we are active all over the UK.You’ll volunteer alongside a friendly and committed team to:
- support volunteers and girls to plan activities
- help run meetings with girls on a flexible basis
- support a range of activities, games and events.
Who are we looking for?Our volunteers are energetic, enthusiastic and willing to try new activities. The position would suit someone who has, or would like to gain, experience of volunteering with young people and helping to plan and deliver a range of activities and events. Whether you can give a few hours a week, or would like to help occasionally on an ad-hoc basis, the role is flexible and can be arranged to fit around you.Useful skills and experience for the role would be:
- an ability to work well with people of all ages
- good verbal communication skills.
Our Leaders and Assistant Leaders must be female and aged over 18. No formal qualifications or prior guiding experience are required to volunteer with us. We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and abilitiesHow will the volunteer benefit from this role?You will:
- gain experience of volunteering with girls and young women
- be supported to help plan and deliver a range of activities and events
- have the chance to take part in free training on topics such as first aid, climbing, peer education and leadership
- be able to take part in fun and exciting activities – you could find yourself learning to abseil or even travelling with other volunteers overseas
- make a real difference to the lives of girls and young women in Blagdon
We offer every volunteer support in their role and the opportunity to learn new skills through access to free specialised training and resources. We cover any expenses incurred in your role, and you’ll also be able to access our great members’ scheme, which offers discounts on high street brands.